Call for Papers
The SLAM workshop intends to bring together players from the field to share recent research results, discuss ongoing and future projects, benchmarking initiatives and applications. We expect communications on research work, project description, evaluation initiative, demonstrations and applications dealing with speech and/or language and/or audio on any type of multimedia material.
Topics of interest
- Audio event detection and audio classification
- Speech and speaker recognition on multimedia material
- Audio-aware genre analysis and classification
- Multimodal speaker identification and clustering
- Multimedia spoken term detection and content retrieval
- Speech and audio aware content segmentation and structuring
- Audio indexing and fingerprinting
- Robust feature extraction and processing
- Natural language processing for multimedia
- Metadata extraction: Entity extraction, keyword extraction, etc.
- Summarization and hyperlink generation
- Multimodal fusion and integration involving audio
- Generation of descriptive text for multimedia
- Speech and audio multimedia applications and services
- Databases and benchmarks
- Large scale speech and audio analysis
- Navigation in multimedia audio content
Media of interest
- Professional broadcasts – TV, radio, podcasts, newsfeeds, synopsis, etc.
- Social media – YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Voice Social Network, etc.
- Audiovisual archives – Lectures and conferences, meetings, etc.
- Music – Music catalogs, music collections, etc.
The workshop is organized in conjunction with Interspeech 2013 over 1.5 days, starting Thu. 22, 2013 at mid-day and ending Fri. 23, 2013 afternoon, right before the main conference. Marseille is conveniently connected by high-speed train to Lyon where the Interspeech conference will take place. The format of the workshop will include an invited talk, oral presentations of scientific work and a poster session for project and benchmark presentations.
Prospective authors should submit a manuscript following instructions on the web site. All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers. Proceedings will be published online in open access and a special issue in a dedicated journal is targeted.